Article: Lee Guk Joo's controversy, should she be expected to take hate about her looks because of her past actions of sexual harassment?
Source: OSEN via Nate
1. [+931, -154] Lee Guk Joo has done things worthy of hate to other male celebrities but I don't think that makes her deserving of the hate she gets for her looks
2. [+771, -160] We're not saying that she deserves to be hated for her looks. We're just saying that public sentiment is already against her because of the attitude she's shown on TV.
3. [+575, -241] I f*cking hate her...
4. [+62, -15] No one's telling her that she deserves it... she's just the butt of jokes because of her hypocrisy ^^
5. [+43, -0] Lee Guk Joo is indeed a victim of hate comments but she also needs to realize that she also has past actions of sexual harassment against other men and she can't hide from that. Obviously it's wrong to tell her that she deserves any and all hate because of that but people should know to judge the two things as different issues. No, she does not deserve to be called ugly because she has a history of sexual harassment. Calling her ugly is hate fair and square and she's within her rights to defend herself from that.
6. [+34, -1] Lee Guk Joo has not only sexually harassed other celebrities but put down their looks too. "Your butt is sagging", "Your shoulders are narrow and your head is huge", "What would a plastic face know";;
Article: The difference in comments between Lee Guk Joo's kiss vs Yewon's kiss... are our true colors showing?
Source: Kukmin Ilbo via Nate
Article talks about the negative comments left on Lee Guk Joo's article about her 'WGM' kiss: "I don't care how much I get paid for being on TV, I could never a kiss pig like her", "Kissing a pig's head~", "If anyone is curious what the end all extremity of capitalism is, look at Sleepy", which is comparable to the comments left on Yewon and Henry's kiss where everyone was like "They match so well!"
1. [+1,621, -132] The main reason Lee Guk Joo gets hate is not for her looks but because of her mismatched words and actions. She has her way with male celebrities too. Don't make it seem like she's the victim just to defend her.
2. [+1,513, -114] Do people really think she's getting hate because she's fat? She has a history of sexual harassment against men, says things like she'd never date so-and-so if she was skinny, holds lectures about being confident in your own body while perpetuating looks-focused stereotypes, acts like she's confident about her weight but then says she's too embarrassed of how much take out she orders and asks for multiple utensils to make it seem like there's more people. Sometimes not all comments are hate just because you don't want to hear it.
3. [+105, -6] She told Nana "What would a plastic face know", told Lady Jane "you have a big head, your shoulders are narrow" As if Lee Guk Joo herself is pretty at all? She even forced a kiss on Kim Jong Guk, groped Jo Jung Chi's butt, surprise kissed Ha Won Geun.. not one apology over any of these.
4. [+95, -15] Her looks aren't the issue here, the media isn't getting it
5. [+64, -7] People hate her because she's a professional sexual harasser
Article: Actor Ohn Shi Woo criticizes Lee Guk Joo's history of sexual harassment
Source: X Sports News via Naver
1. [+13,451, -1,044] Lee Guk Joo-ssi, you have the right to not be discriminated based upon your looks but you cannot use your looks as an excuse for all of your actions.
2. [+9,864, -1,281] He must've been really upset her, it's hard to direct a comment against someone so openly like that. Well I don't really want to defend Lee Guk Joo either, so...
3. [+7,073, -1,022] I'm glad he said it
4. [+2,168, -140] He's right, both Lee Guk Joo and her hate commenters need to pay the consequences for their actions
5. [+1,626, -114] Well I think they're two different issues. Lee Guk Joo sexually harassing celebrities is something that deserves hate and criticism on its own, but Lee Guk Joo getting hate for her looks and weight is also a different issue that she should be able to defend herself from.
Article: Male actor Ohn Shi Woo's post criticizing Lee Guk Joo's sexual harassment controversy gets 8,559 likes
Source: Joongang Ilbo via Nate
1. [+1,381, -51] I hope she takes this as an opportunity to reflect over her actions
2. [+1,245, -53] He killed her with the facts ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+1,199, -44] I'm a girl and enjoy listening to her radio but I find it hard to defend her. Women should not be sexually harassing men.
4. [+70, -8] Wow, he strapped on his gun and left for the field
5. [+56, -5] Before that pig Lee Guk Joo runs her mouth again, she should look back at the history of her own actions
1. [+2,182, -121] This is a good marketing idea for him
2. [+2,171, -156] I honestly don't know who this actor is and I do suspect that he's trying to get his name out there by using Lee Guk Joo but it's not like anything he said is wrong. She's crossed the line many times on TV and used her looks as a way to have her way with men in the name of comedy.
3. [+1,744, -203] Lee Guk Joo really needs to stop acting up...
4. [+135, -35] I don't know who he is but he hit her with the facts!! Refreshing, kyah~
5. [+109, -16] He got all of our feelings about her down to a T... We're not hating her for her looks, we're hating her for her actions.. please realize that ㅠㅠ