Jang Geun Suk claims he was burned by 'Love Rain' and admits his poor image in Korea


Reader requests.

-

Article: Jang Geun Suk mentions 'Love Rain', "I was really burned by my last drama"

Source:
Mydaily via Naver

"For a year, I haven't had any news of another drama. I was really burned by my last drama. I have burns from it." (Article goes on to imply the cause to be the drama's low viewer ratings)

1. [+1,410, -52] What an amazing thing to say about a drama he himself chose to star in ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+1,361, -65] His mouth will be the end of him

3. [+1,341, -59] How could the leading role say that he was burned by his own drama... What does that make the efforts of his fellow cast and staff? He has never been a celebrity to be well liked by girls anyway but he's getting more and more off putting each day.

4. [+1,252, -73] He's getting so weird ㅋ

5. [+1,071, -86] Just keep promoting in Japan or some other country because you have zero popularity in Korea

6. [+783, -32] Whatever the results happened to be, it was tasteless of him to say that a drama created by the efforts of so many people 'burned him'... It upsets me to think that a few actors like him don't see dramas as a piece of work but just another viewer rating's number

7. [+772, -55] Well, the trap about Love Rain was that it wasn't Yoona or Jang Geun Suk that received attention but Seo In Guk...

8. [+689, -41] Oh yeah? Why don't you show me that burn then

9. [+565, -18] Doesn't he even feel to the cast and staff sorry saying stuff like this? The viewer ratings might've sucked in Korea but it sold a lot overseas

10. [+547, -58] Geun Suk-ah, you seem to be forgetting that a drama is not made by the actors alone. It's a culmination of the sweat and blood of hundreds of people. Just because it received low viewer ratings doesn't mean you can put down their hard work like this.

-

Article: Jang Geun Suk explains why he doesn't promote in Korea "I know that I'm not well received"

Source: Newsen via Nate

Verbal Jint: Why don't you promote (your music) in Korea?

Jang Geun Suk: I know I'm already not well received in Korea. It'll get worse if I go around dancing so I'm going to just focus quietly on my acting. Earlier this year, I almost recovered my image with my documentary but it's gone back down again recently.

1. [+557, -138] I don't know why Jang Geun Suk gets all this hate. It's not like he does drugs or has a troublesome private life. He's a good actor who works hard for his well deserved money so he should be able to spend it as he wishes. His tryhard attitude doesn't impact our lives in any way so just let him live his life.

2. [+359, -74] The thing about Koreans is that they automatically hate anyone who lives a free-spirited life. You don't really need a reason... as long as you "feel" you don't like them, you just hate them.

3. [+189, -124] At least he knows.

4. [+119, -72] Since you know the state of your image so well, go to the army

5. [+105, -30] Yeah he's a tryhard and says some embarrassing things but I can't bring myself to hate him ㅋㅋㅋ

-