[Pann] B.A.P.'s frog controversy also revealed to be false


I remembered there was a huge B.A.P. controversy last month that a lot of readers asked about (I didn't do Pann posts back then so I didn't bother posting it) so I went back to check if there were any updates on it while on the topic of Chanyeol and indeed found one.

Of course, it didn't receive nearly as much buzz as the original pann did so I often still see frog references come up in the comments in B.A.P. articles, etc.

-
The post basically has two screencaps of B.A.P.'s Zelo and Yongguk in their 'Killing Camp' show where Zelo mentions that he raised a pet frog in the dorm until he decided that he couldn't take care of it well because of their schedule. Yongguk then says that he flushed it down the toilet.

Netizens were enraged that they had committed animal abuse/murder and for being irresponsible with a living animal.

1. [+245, -161] Both of the members are at fault here. Zelo's the one that adopted a frog fully knowing that he wouldn't be able to tend to it with their busy schedule. And of course it's wrong to flush down a live animal. Obviously the frog died. What a disappointment from B.A.P.

2. [+222, -45] The frog was obviously ripped into shreds because of the pressure going down the toilet. They shouldn't have bought the frog to begin with since they're aware of their schedules. And even when they still bought it, they should've just let it free outside.

3. [+200, -46] I admit that B.A.P. was short on thought and that they were wrong to treat a life as if it were nothing. I realize that no amount of shields could excuse them from this and I agree that they should be hated on. However, I don't agree with some of the comments that are criticizing them for things outside of this scandal because I sincerely doubt that you all haven't dissected a frog in science class during your school career or work actively for animal rights in your spare time. Just don't be so harsh with your comments. B.A.P. is a thousand times in the wrong and I acknowledge that they should pay the consequences for it.

-

And then this week, when other minor posts kept coming up, someone claiming to be a PD left this post as a reply:

Choi PD: "Let me just say one thing... I feel like I have to butt in because I feel so bad for them at this point. I was an assistant on Killing Camp so I can assure you that the frog story was just a concept. They were following a script which we weren't even planning to include until we ran out of footage because B.A.P. left the recording earlier than they had been scheduled for. Zelo did raise a frog but his road manager let it go outside somewhere. I don't know why I have to write this but I felt like I had to because it's become such an issue.

-

"This entire controversy is so ridiculous because even if it were true, what would Zelo do about it? You all demand an apology but the frog's already dead. Should he apologize publicly for flushing a frog down the toilet? It just seems so ridiculous to me."

"B.A.P.'s related search words are still about frogs. This will probably follow them around for the rest of their careers."

There are a lot of other comments bashing the fact that the script was even approved by the show, etc.

-