Article: SNSD's I Got a Boy, a dangerous transformation that should've been considered more thoughtfully
Source: Mediaus via Nate
Editorial discussing that while SNSD's visual concept was a fresh change in direction away from their usual looks, the title track and performance style left much to be desired and should have been more thoughtfully considered especially with such a radical change.
1. [+1,996, -168] Let's be honest for a second here. Doesn't the song honestly suck?
2. [+1,569, -97] I liked everything up the teaser... But I had no idea then that the teaser would end up being a song that had three other songs tacked on to it.
3. [+1,427, -112] Their title track is more like a song someone would've rearranged for a performance on Gayo Daejun. I saw the music video and the style and the way they carried themselves were awkward. As for Yoona's rap... it's nothing but a jumble of sound. People said the actual performances would be better but anyone that isn't a fangirl or otaku wouldn't bother looking up performances for that and just stick to listening to the digital song. The music industry is going all out lately it seems.
4. [+208, -20] The song will win #1 anyway because of their fans but their new song is honestly really bad. Sones always say that the song gets better the more you listen to it but it just sounds like self consolation. If a rookie group had sung this song, it wouldn't receive any attention.
Article: Sunny's hat has a swear word in SNSD's 'Dancing Queen' MV? 'shock'
Source: Mydaily via Nate
1. [+1,276, -77] Do idols just put on whatever they're told to wear or not have eyes?
2. [+1,269, -79] Foreigners are going to watch the music video too ㅋㅋㅋ so pathetic
3. [+980, -82] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+224, -17] They wouldn't have such a negative response to this extent if at least their song was good... But that song is seriously just noise.
5. [+223, -11] Don't the members know? Even if they don't know English, there are Tiffany and Jessica...
6. [+182, -14] On top of that, it's a swear about your parents. Sunny, would you like it if we swore at your parents?
7. [+179, -7] What's even sadder is that Sunny's from the States too...
8. [+166, -7] Will the people shielding her think of it this way? How would you like it if some foreign pop singer came out wearing a hat that said *Korean swear* How would you feel ㅋㅋㅋ
Article: [Journalist Note] SNSD's 'I Got a Boy'... The song has a lot of 'positive points' if you search carefully
Source: X Sports News via Nate
The editorial lists the pros of 'I Got a Boy' as it seemingly being one song, but actually being a combination of many songs which makes the performance look like a musical. The song also combines group and individual dance segments well, since choreography is one of SNSD's strengths.
1. [+572, -66] The public is saying that they don't want to hear it but the journalist is demanding that we praise it = media play
2. [+504, -51] Shouldn't a song just be good the moment you listen to it? ㅋㅋㅋ What is this, some kind of experient? ㅋㅋㅋ You can say the same for any bad song if you look that hard to find anything good about it ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+492, -53] ? Is SM trying to fix things because the reactions have been so bad??
4. [+100, -10] Looks like SM was in a rush
5. [+90, -8] How trashy is the song that the journalist felt compelled to use such a title? ㅋㅋㅋ